by Bill McBride on 11/03/2012 08:17:00 PM
Saturday, November 03, 2012
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources.
Here is the unofficial problem bank list for Nov 2, 2012. (table is sortable by assets, state, etc.)
Changes and comments from surferdude808:
Failures and unassisted mergers led to several changes to the Unofficial Problem Bank List this week. In all, there were four removals and one addition, which leave the list at 861 institutions with assets of $328.4 billion. A year ago, the list held 983 institutions with assets of $406.3 billion.Earlier:
The failures were Citizens First National Bank, Princeton, IL ($958 million Ticker: PNBC); and Heritage Bank of Florida, Lutz, FL ($234 million). Beacon Federal, East Syracuse, NY ($998 million Ticker: BFED); and 1st Commonwealth Bank of Virginia, Arlington, VA ($57 million) found merger partners.
The addition this week was The Patapsco Bank, Baltimore, MD ($254 million Ticker: PATD). Next week, most changes will likely result from failure or unassisted mergers.
• Summary for Week Ending Nov 2nd
• Schedule for Week of Nov 4th
Yesterday on employment report:
• October Employment Report: 171,000 Jobs, 7.9% Unemployment Rate
• Employment: An encouraging report (also more graphs)
• Solid Seasonal Retail Hiring, Graphs for Duration of Unemployment, Unemployment by Education and Diffusion Indexes
• Employment graph gallery
Posted by Bill McBride on 11/03/2012 08:17:00 PM