by Calculated Risk on 6/24/2012 10:25:00 PM
Sunday, June 24, 2012
The key report tomorrow will be new home sales.
• At 8:30 AM ET on Monday, 8:30 AM: The Chicago Fed National Activity Index for May will be released. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 10:00 AM, The Census Bureau will release New Home Sales for May. The consensus is for an increase in sales to 350 thousand Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) in May from 343 thousand in April.
• At the 10:30 AM, the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey for June will be released. The consensus is for 0.0 for the general business activity index, up from -5.1 in May. The regional surveys have been disappointing in June.
The Asian markets are mostly red tonight. The Nikkei is down slightly, and the Shanghai Composite is down 0.5%.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P 500 futures are down about 8, and Dow futures are down 50.
Oil: WTI futures are up to $80.09 (this is down from $109.77 in February) and Brent is up to $91.90 per barrel.
• Summary for Week ending June 22nd
• Schedule for Week of June 24th For the monthly economic question contest (four more questions for June):