by Bill McBride on 9/03/2012 09:31:00 PM
Monday, September 03, 2012
Happy Labor Day!
• At 10:00 AM ET, the ISM Manufacturing Index for August is scheduled for release. The consensus is for an increase to 50.0, up from 49.8 in July. (below 50 is contraction).
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for July will be released. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in construction spending.
• All day: Light vehicle sales for August. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to increase to 14.3 million SAAR in August from 14.1 million in July. The SAAR estimate is usually available around 4 PM ET.
The Asian markets are mostly green tonight, with the Nikkei up slightly and the Shanghai Composite up 0.6%.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P future are up 1, and the DOW futures up 16 points.
Oil prices are still moving up with WTI futures are at $97.22 and Brent is at $116.09 per barrel. Using the calculator at Econbrowser suggests national gasoline prices at about $3.74 per gallon.
• Summary for Week Ending Aug 31st
• Schedule for Week of Sept 2nd
Here are the first week questions for the September contest. You can now enter with Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID logins: