by Calculated Risk on 12/22/2019 09:22:00 PM
Sunday, December 22, 2019
• Schedule for Week of December 22, 2019
• Review: Ten Economic Questions for 2019
• At 8:30 AM ET, Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November. This is a composite index of other data.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Durable Goods Orders for November. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in durable goods.
• At 10:00 AM, New Home Sales for November from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for 735 thousand SAAR, up from 733 thousand in October.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: S&P 500 are up 3, and DOW futures are up 35 (fair value).
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $60.30 per barrel and Brent at $65.99 barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $45, and Brent was at $52 - so oil prices are up over 25% year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $2.54 per gallon. A year ago prices were at $2.32 per gallon, so gasoline prices are up 22 cents year-over-year.