by Calculated Risk on 5/29/2017 08:05:00 PM
Monday, May 29, 2017
• Schedule for Week of May 28, 2017
• May 2017: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 140 Institutions
• At 8:30 AM ET, Personal Income and Outlays for April. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in personal income, and for a 0.4% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to be up 0.1%.
• At 9:00 AM, S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for March. Although this is the February report, it is really a 3 month average of January, February and March prices. The consensus is for a 5.8% year-over-year increase in the Comp 20 index for March.
• At 10:30 AM, Dallas Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for May. This is the last of the regional Fed surveys for May.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: S&P and DOW futures are up slightly (fair value).
Oil prices were down over the last week with WTI futures at $49.94 per barrel and Brent at $52.29 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $49, and Brent was at $49 - so oil prices are up slightly year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $2.37 per gallon - a year ago prices were at $2.33 per gallon - so gasoline prices are up slightly year-over-year.