by Calculated Risk on 9/23/2012 09:11:00 PM
Sunday, September 23, 2012
• At 8:30 AM ET, the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for August will be released. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 9:00 AM, the LPS "First Look" Mortgage Delinquency report for August will be released. Look for a decline in the delinquency rate.
• At 10:30 AM, the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey for September will be released. The consensus is for 0.5 for the general business activity index, up from -1.6 in August.
• At 3:00 PM, San Francisco Fed President John Williams (voting member) speaks at The City Club of San Francisco, Jamison Roundtable Luncheon. This speech will be closely watched for any hints of possible "thresholds" with regard to QE3 and the unemployment rate and inflation.
The Asian markets are down tonight, with the Nikkei down 0.3%.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P future are down almost 2 points, and the DOW futures down 10 points.
Oil prices are mixed with WTI futures up slightly at $92.61 and Brent down at $111.74 per barrel. Both are down sharply from a week ago.
• Summary for Week Ending Sept 21st
• Schedule for Week of Sept 23rd
• Goldman Estimate: QE3 could be $1.2 to $2.0 Trillion
Four more questions this week for the September economic prediction contest (Note: You can now use Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID to log in).