by Bill McBride on 1/26/2012 10:05:00 PM
Thursday, January 26, 2012
On December New Home Sales:
• New Home Sales decline in December to 307,000 Annual Rate
• 2011: Record Low New Home Sales and 'Distressing Gap'
• New Home Sales graphs
Last week on Existing Home sales:
• Existing Home Sales in December: 4.61 million SAAR, 6.2 months of supply
• Existing Home Sales: Inventory and NSA Sales Graph
• Existing Home Sales graphs
The BEA will release the Q4 advance GDP report Friday morning. The consensus is that real GDP increased 3.0% annualized in Q4.
This graph shows the quarterly GDP growth (at an annual rate) for the last 30 years. The Red column is the forecast for Q4 GDP.
At 3% this would be the fastest growth rate since Q2 2010, however PCE growth will probably still be weak and will probably be closer to 2% annualized.