by Calculated Risk on 1/15/2020 06:16:00 PM
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
• At 8:30 AM ET, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 216,000 initial claims, up from 214,000 last week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Retail sales for December is scheduled to be released. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in retail sales.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Philly Fed manufacturing survey for January. The consensus is for a reading of 3.4, up from 2.4.
• At 10:00 AM, The January NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 74, down from 76. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• At 10:00 AM, Speech by Fed Governor Michelle Bowman, The Outlook for Housing, At the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City: 2020 Economic Forecast Breakfast, Kansas City, Mo.