by Calculated Risk on 12/10/2019 07:46:00 PM
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
My FOMC Preview.
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, The Consumer Price Index for November from the BLS. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to policy is expected at this meeting.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants' projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.