by Calculated Risk on 9/17/2019 07:20:00 PM
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Housing Starts for August. The consensus is for 1.250 million SAAR, up from 1.191 million SAAR.
• During the day: The AIA's Architecture Billings Index for July (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. The Fed is expected to lower the Fed Funds rate 25bps at this meeting..
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants' projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.