by Calculated Risk on 5/01/2019 01:12:00 AM
Wednesday, May 01, 2019
• At 7:00 AM ET: The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At All day: Light vehicle sales for April. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to be 17.0 million SAAR in April, down from 17.5 million in March (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).
• At 8:15 AM: The ADP Employment Report for April. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 180,000 payroll jobs added in April, up from 129,000 added in March.
• At 10:00 AM: ISM Manufacturing Index for April. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 55.0, down from 55.3 in March.
• At 10:00 AM: Construction Spending for March. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in construction spending.
• At 2:00 PM: FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to policy is expected at this meeting.
• At 2:30 PM: Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.