by Calculated Risk on 1/02/2019 08:45:00 PM
Wednesday, January 02, 2019
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:15 AM, The ADP Employment Report for December. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 175,000 payroll jobs added in December, down from 179,000 added in November.
• At 8:30 AM, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 213 thousand initial claims, down from 216 thousand the previous week.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for December. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 58.0, down from 59.3 in November. The PMI was at 59.3% in November, the employment index was at 58.4%, and the new orders index was at 62.1%.
• At 10:00 AM, POSTPONED Construction Spending for November. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in construction spending.
• All day, Light vehicle sales for December. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to be 17.2 million SAAR in December, down from 17.4 million in November (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).
• Early, Reis Q4 2018 Office Survey of rents and vacancy rates.