by Calculated Risk on 11/20/2018 09:50:00 PM
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 213 thousand initial claims, down from 216 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM: Durable Goods Orders for October from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for a 2.4% decrease in durable goods orders.
• At 10:00 AM, Existing Home Sales for October from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus is for 5.20 million SAAR, up from 5.15 million. Housing economist Tom Lawler estimates the NAR will reports sales of 5.31 million SAAR for October and that inventory will be up 2.8% year-over-year. Take the over.
• At 10:00 AM, University of Michigan's Consumer sentiment index (Final for November). The consensus is for a reading of 98.3.