by Calculated Risk on 8/14/2018 06:03:00 PM
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for July will be released. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in retail sales. Retail and Food service sales, ex-gasoline, increased by 5.2% on a YoY basis in June.
• At 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for August. The consensus is for a reading of 20.0, down from 22.6.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for July. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 78.2%.
• At 10:00 AM, The August NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 69, up from 68. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.