by Calculated Risk on 8/21/2018 07:31:00 PM
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• During the day, The AIA's Architecture Billings Index for July (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 10:00 AM, Existing Home Sales for July from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus is for 5.43 million SAAR, up from 5.38 million in June. Housing economist Tom Lawler estimates the NAR will reports sales of 5.40 million SAAR for July and that inventory will be down 1.0% year-over-year.
• At 10:00 AM, The BLS will release the 2018 CES Preliminary Benchmark Revision.
• At 2:00 PM, The Fed will release the FOMC Minutes for the Meeting of July 31-August 1, 2018