by Calculated Risk on 6/13/2017 07:04:00 PM
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
• My FOMC preview.
• Excerpts from Goldman's FOMC preview.
• Excerpts from Merrill Lynch's FOMC preview.
• At 7:00 AM ET: The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for May will be released. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in retail sales.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The Consumer Price Index for May from the BLS. The consensus is for no change in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
• At 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for April. The consensus is for a 0.1% decrease in inventories.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. The FOMC is expected to increase the Fed Funds rate 25 bps at this meeting.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants' projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Janet Yellen holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.