by Calculated Risk on 12/15/2015 07:52:00 PM
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
From the WSJ on the Nuts and Bolts:
The Fed has signaled that the details will be announced in an “implementation note” alongside the usual policy statement, and officials will watch closely to make sure those tools work as expected. “If adjustments to policy tools or administered rates subsequently proved necessary to implement an unchanged policy stance, the implementation note could be revised without altering the [Fed's] policy statement,” according to the central bank’s June meeting minutes.Wednesday:
• At 7:00 AM ET, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM ET, Housing Starts for November. Total housing starts decreased to 1.060 million (SAAR) in October. Single family starts decreased to 722 thousand SAAR in October. The consensus for 1.140 million, up from October.
• At 9:15 AM, the Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for November. The consensus is for a 0.2% decrease in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to decrease to 77.4%.
• During the day, the AIA's Architecture Billings Index for November (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, the FOMC Meeting Announcement. The FOMC is expected to raise the Fed Funds rate at this meeting.
• Also at 2:00 PM, the FOMC Forecasts. This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants' projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Janet Yellen holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.
Posted by Calculated Risk on 12/15/2015 07:52:00 PM