by Calculated Risk on 6/08/2014 08:10:00 PM
Sunday, June 08, 2014
On the Employment Report:
• May Employment Report: 217,000 Jobs, 6.3% Unemployment Rate
• Comment: U.S. Employment at All Time High
• Employment Recovery: Great Recession, Great Depression, and other Financial Crises
• 41-Year-Olds and the Labor Force Participation Rate
• Schedule for Week of June 8th
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P futures are up slightly and DOW futures are up 11 (fair value).
Oil prices moved mostly sideways over the last week with WTI futures at $102.67 per barrel and Brent at $108.61 per barrel.
Below is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are around $3.64 per gallon (might have peaked for the Spring / early Summer, and at about the same level as a year ago). If you click on "show crude oil prices", the graph displays oil prices for WTI, not Brent; gasoline prices in most of the U.S. are impacted more by Brent prices.
|Orange County Historical Gas Price Charts Provided by GasBuddy.com|