by Calculated Risk on 12/30/2013 08:50:00 PM
Monday, December 30, 2013
I've posted some thoughts (and a few predictions) on half of my ten questions for 2014. There will be more to come (I've also received some thoughtful disagreements - I don't have a crystal ball, I just try to outline my current views):
• Question #6 for 2014: How much will Residential Investment increase?
• Question #7 for 2014: What will happen with house prices in 2014?
• Question #8 for 2014: Housing Credit: Will we see easier mortgage lending in 2014?
• Question #9 for 2014: How much will housing inventory increase in 2014?
• Question #10 for 2014: Downside Risks
• At 9:00 AM ET, the S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Index for October. Although this is the October report, it is really a 3 month average of August, September and October. The consensus is for a 13.7% year-over-year increase in the Composite 20 index (NSA) for October.
• At 9:45 AM, the Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for December. The consensus is for a decrease to 61.3, down from 63.0 in November.
• At 10:00 AM, the Conference Board's consumer confidence index for December. The consensus is for the index to increase to 76.8 from 70.4.