by Calculated Risk on 12/22/2013 08:17:00 PM
Sunday, December 22, 2013
• At 8:30 AM ET, the Personal Income and Outlays report for November. The consensus is for a 0.5% increase in personal income, and for a 0.5% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.1%.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 9:00 AM, the Chemical Activity Barometer (CAB) for December from the American Chemistry Council. This appears to be a leading economic indicator.
• At 9:55 AM, the Reuter's/University of Michigan's Consumer sentiment index (final for December). The consensus is for a reading of 83.5, up from the preliminary reading of 82.5, and up from the November reading of 75.1.
• Schedule for Week of December 22nd
• Review: Ten Economic Questions for 2013
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P futures are up 10 and DOW futures are up 82 (fair value).
Oil prices have been moving up with WTI futures at $99.25 per barrel and Brent at $111.81 per barrel.
Below is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are around $3.24 per gallon. If you click on "show crude oil prices", the graph displays oil prices for WTI, not Brent; gasoline prices in most of the U.S. are impacted more by Brent prices.
|Orange County Historical Gas Price Charts Provided by GasBuddy.com|