by Bill McBride on 2/28/2017 08:11:00 PM
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Wednesday: Personal Income and Outlays, Auto Sales, ISM Mfg Survey, Construction Spending, Beige Book
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• All day, Light vehicle sales for February. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to increase to 17.7 million SAAR in February, from 17.5 million in January (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).
• At 8:30 AM, Personal Income and Outlays for January. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in personal income, and for a 0.3% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.2%.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for February. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 56.1, up from 54.7 in December.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for January. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in construction spending.
• At 2:00 PM, the Federal Reserve Beige Book, an informal review by the Federal Reserve Banks of current economic conditions in their Districts.