by Bill McBride on 10/30/2016 06:24:00 PM
Sunday, October 30, 2016
• Schedule for Week of Oct 30, 2016
• "How do I protect myself if Trump is elected?"
• At 8:30 AM ET, Personal Income and Outlays for September. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in personal income, and for a 0.5% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.1%.
• At 9:45 AM, the Chicago Purchasing Managers Index for October. The consensus is for a reading of 54.3, up from 54.2 in September.
• At 10:30 AM, the Dallas Fed Survey of Manufacturing Activity for October. This is the last of the regional Fed surveys for October.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: S&P futures and DOW futures are down slightly (fair value).
Oil prices were down over the last week with WTI futures at $48.70 per barrel and Brent at $49.71 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $47, and Brent was at $48 - so oil prices are UP slightly year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $2.20 per gallon - a year ago prices were $2.18 per gallon - so gasoline prices are up slightly year-over-year.