by Bill McBride on 5/01/2016 08:21:00 PM
Sunday, May 01, 2016
• Schedule for Week of May 1, 2016
• Energy expenditures as a percentage of PCE hit another All Time Low in March
• At 10:00 AM ET, ISM Manufacturing Index for April. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 51.5, down from 51.8 in March. The ISM manufacturing index indicated expansion at 51.8% in March. The employment index was at 48.1%, and the new orders index was at 58.3%.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for March. The consensus is for a 0.5% increase in construction spending.
• At 2:00 PM, the April 2016 Senior Loan Officer Opinion Survey on Bank Lending Practices from the Federal Reserve.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: S&P and DOW futures are mostly unchanged (fair value).
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $45.62 per barrel and Brent at $47.05 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $59, and Brent was at $64 - so prices are down about 25% year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $2.22 per gallon (down about $0.35 per gallon from a year ago).