by Bill McBride on 11/25/2012 08:59:00 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Monday economic releases:
• At 8:30 AM ET, the Chicago Fed will release their National Activity Index for October. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 10:30 AM, the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey for November will be released. The consensus is for 4.7 for the general business activity index, up from 1.8 in October.
• Expected: LPS "First Look" Mortgage Delinquency Survey for October.
• Also on Monday, Euro zone finance ministers will discuss the funding situation for Greece.
The Asian markets are mostly green tonight, with the Nikkei up 0.8%.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P futures are down 6 and DOW futures are down 56.
Oil prices are down with WTI futures at $87.95 per barrel and Brent at $111.23 per barrel.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com showing the roller coaster ride for gasoline prices. Notes: Add a California city to the graph - like Los Angeles or San Francisco - and you will see the recent sharp increase and decrease due to refinery problems. If you add New York, it will show the recent spike (much smaller than in California).
If you click on "show crude oil prices", the graph displays oil prices for WTI, not Brent; gasoline prices in most of the U.S. are impacted more by Brent prices.
|Orange County Historical Gas Price Charts Provided by GasBuddy.com|
• Summary for Week Ending Nov 23rd
• Schedule for Week of Nov 25th
Four more questions this week for the November economic prediction contest (Note: You can now use Facebook, Twitter, or OpenID to log in).