by Bill McBride on 7/15/2012 10:12:00 PM
Sunday, July 15, 2012
This will be a busy week for economic data.
• At 8:30 AM ET, Retail Sales for June will be released. The consensus is for retail sales to increase 0.2% in June, and for retail sales ex-autos to increase 0.l%.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the NY Fed Empire Manufacturing Survey for July will be released. The consensus is for a reading of 4.5, up from 2.3 in June (above zero is expansion). This is the first regional survey for July.
• At 10:00 AM, the Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales for May report will be released (Business inventories). The consensus is for 0.3% increase in inventories.
The Asian markets are mixed tonight, with little change.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: the S&P future are down about 3, and the DOW futures down about 25.
Oil: WTI futures are down to $86.69 (this is down from $109.77 in February, but up last week) and Brent is at $102.35 per barrel.
• Summary for Week Ending July 13th
• Schedule for Week of July 15th
Four more questions this week for the July contest: