by Bill McBride on 2/14/2017 07:30:00 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Wednesday: Yellen, Retail Sales, CPI, Industrial Production, Homebuilder Confidence, Empire State Mfg
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for January will be released. The consensus is for 0.1% increase in retail sales in January.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The Consumer Price Index for January from the BLS. The consensus is for 0.3% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for February. The consensus is for a reading of 7.5, up from 6.5.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for no change in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to be unchanged at 75.5%.
• At 10:00 AM, Testimony by Fed Chair Janet Yellen, Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress, Before the Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
• Also at 10:00 AM, The February NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 68, up from 67 in January. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for December. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in inventories.