by Bill McBride on 12/21/2016 08:11:00 PM
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
• At 8:30 AM ET, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 256 thousand initial claims, up from 254 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Gross Domestic Product, 3rd quarter 2016 (third estimate). The consensus is that real GDP increased 3.3% annualized in Q3, revised from 3.2% in the second estimate.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Durable Goods Orders for November from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for a 4.0% decrease in durable goods orders.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Chicago Fed National Activity Index for November. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 9:00 AM, FHFA House Price Index for October 2016. This was originally a GSE only repeat sales, however there is also an expanded index. The consensus is for a 0.5% month-to-month increase for this index.
• At 10:00 AM, Personal Income and Outlays for November. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in personal income, and for a 0.3% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.1%.
• At 11:00 AM, the Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for December.