by Bill McBride on 12/14/2016 08:26:00 PM
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
• At 8:30 AM, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 255 thousand initial claims, down from 258 thousand the previous week.
• At 8:30 AM, The Consumer Price Index for November from the BLS. The consensus is for 0.2% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
• At 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for December. The consensus is for a reading of 3.0, up from 1.5.
• At 8:30 AM, the Philly Fed manufacturing survey for December. The consensus is for a reading of 10.0, up from 7.6.
• At 10:00 AM, The December NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 63, unchanged from 63 in November. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.