by Bill McBride on 11/22/2016 06:55:00 PM
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 250 thousand initial claims, up from 235 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Durable Goods Orders for October from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for a 1.5% increase in durable goods orders.
• At 9:00 AM, FHFA House Price Index for September 2016. This was originally a GSE only repeat sales, however there is also an expanded index. The consensus is for a 0.7% month-to-month increase for this index.
• At 10:00 AM, New Home Sales for September from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for an decrease in sales to 590 thousand Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) in October from 593 thousand in September.
• Also at 10:00 AM, University of Michigan's Consumer sentiment index (final for November). The consensus is for a reading of 91.6, unchanged from the preliminary reading 91.6.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Minutes for Meeting of November 1-2