by Bill McBride on 11/16/2016 08:38:00 PM
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
• At 8:30 AM ET, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 257 thousand initial claims, up from 254 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The Consumer Price Index for October from the BLS. The consensus is for 0.4% increase in CPI, and a 0.2% increase in core CPI.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Housing Starts for October. The consensus is for 1.168 million, up from the September rate.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Philly Fed manufacturing survey for November. The consensus is for a reading of 8.0, down from 9.7.
• At 10:00 AM, Testimony by Fed Chair Janet Yellen, The Economic Outlook, Before the Joint Economic Committee of Congress, U.S. Congress, Washington, D.C.