by Bill McBride on 10/13/2016 07:11:00 PM
Thursday, October 13, 2016
• At 8:30 AM ET, The Producer Price Index for September from the BLS. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in prices, and a 0.1% increase in core PPI.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Retail sales for September will be released. The consensus is for 0.6% increase in retail sales in September.
• At 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for August. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in inventories.
• Also at 10:00 AM, University of Michigan's Consumer sentiment index (preliminary for October). The consensus is for a reading of 92.0, up from 91.2 in August.
• At 1:30 PM, Speech by Fed Chair Janet Yellen, Macroeconomic Research After the Crisis, At the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s Annual Research Conference: The Elusive "Great" Recovery: Causes and Implications for Future Business Cycle Dynamics, Boston, Massachusetts