by Bill McBride on 9/14/2016 06:45:00 PM
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
• At 8:30 AM ET, The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 265 thousand initial claims, up from 259 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, Retail sales for August will be released. The consensus is for no change in retail sales in August.
• Also at 8:30 AM, The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for September. The consensus is for a reading of -1.0, up from -4.2.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for August. The consensus is for a 0.2% decrease in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to decrease to 75.7%.
• At 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for July. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in inventories.