by Bill McBride on 2/16/2016 06:49:00 PM
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
• At 7:00 AM ET, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Housing Starts for January. The consensus is for 1.175 million starts, up from December.
• At 8:30 AM, the Producer Price Index for January from the BLS. The consensus is for a 0.2% decrease in prices, and a 0.1% increase in core PPI.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for a 0.4% decrease in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 76.7%.
• During the day: the AIA's Architecture Billings Index for January (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, the Fed will release the FOMC Minutes for the Meeting of January 26-27, 2016