by Bill McBride on 1/11/2016 07:53:00 PM
Monday, January 11, 2016
• At 5:30 AM ET, Panel Discussion with Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer, Monetary Policy, Financial Stability, and the Zero Lower Bound, At the Banque de France and Bank for International Settlements Farewell Symposium for Christian Noyer, Paris, France
• At 9:00 AM, NFIB Small Business Optimism Index for November.
• At 10:00 AM, Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for November from the BLS. Job openings decreased in October to 5.383 million from 5.534 million in September. The number of job openings were up 11% year-over-year, and Quits were up slightly year-over-year.
Some interesting information from Jody Kahn and Devyn Bachman at John Burns Real Estate Consulting 23,263 New Home Sales Last Year at Top 50 Masterplans, a 14% Increase over 2014
In 2015, the top 50 masterplans listed in the table below sold nearly 23,300 homes, representing:I expect sales in Houston to slow in 2016 (see: Lawler: "Yes, Houston will have a problem next year" , and Houston has been a major contributor to New Home sales - this is a reason I'm less optimistic than most housing analysts on new home sales this year.
• A 14% increase over 2014
• Roughly 4.7% of all new home sales nationally
• The highest sales volume in the 6 years we have been compiling our list
Texas continues to lead the country. The state boasts 17 of the top 50 best-selling master-planned communities, including 9 in Houston, the most of any metro area, 6 in Dallas, and one each in Austin and San Antonio. California contributed 11 top sellers, Florida had 7 communities, Las Vegas contributed 4, and Denver had 3. After getting shut out in 2014, 3 Phoenix communities joined the list ...