by Bill McBride on 10/21/2015 06:57:00 PM
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Here is a hint ... take the "over" on existing home sales.
• At 8:30 AM ET, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 265 thousand initial claims, up from 255 thousand the previous week.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Chicago Fed National Activity Index for September. This is a composite index of other data.
• At 9:00 AM, the FHFA House Price Index for August 2015. This was originally a GSE only repeat sales, however there is also an expanded index. The consensus is for a 0.5% month-to-month increase for this index.
• At 10:00 AM, Existing Home Sales for September from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). The consensus is for 5.35 million SAAR, up from 5.31 million in August. Economist Tom Lawler estimates the NAR will report sales of 5.56 million SAAR. A key will be the reported year-over-year change in inventory of homes for sale.
• At 11:00 AM, the Kansas City Fed manufacturing survey for September.
• During the day: Q3 NMHC Apartment Tightness Index.