by Bill McBride on 6/02/2015 08:43:00 PM
Tuesday, June 02, 2015
This made me chuckle today ... "If the last seven years have taught investors anything, it’s to focus on the negatives and never change your mind." Josh Brown
• At 7:00 AM ET, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:15 AM, ADP Employment Report for May. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 200,000 payroll jobs added in May, up from 169,000 in April.
• At 8:30 AM, Trade Balance report for April from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for the U.S. trade deficit to be at $43.9 billion in April from $51.4 billion in March. Note: The trade deficit increased sharply in March after the West Coast port slowdown was resolved in February. The deficit should decline significantly in April.
• At 10:00 AM, the ISM non-Manufacturing Index for April. The consensus is for index to decrease to 57.2 from 57.8 in April.
• At 2:00 PM, the Federal Reserve Beige Book, an informal review by the Federal Reserve Banks of current economic conditions in their Districts.