by Bill McBride on 2/17/2015 07:01:00 PM
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
A cool map of ships anchored in the Long Beach area from Ron Schweitzer, of Long Beach, CA.
Ron captured this yesterday, on a return trip from Catalina, using the iPhone app Boat Beacon. This app shows all the big commercial vessels on your phone, and Ron wrote that he had to “thread the needle” to get back to the marina!
• At 7:00 AM ET, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Housing Starts for January. Total housing starts were at 1.089 million (SAAR) in December. Single family starts were at 679 thousand SAAR in December. The consensus is for total housing starts to decrease to 1.070 million (SAAR) in January.
• At 8:30 AM, The Producer Price Index for January from the BLS. The consensus is for a 0.4% decrease in prices, and a 0.1% increase in core PPI.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 79.9%.
• During the day: The AIA's Architecture Billings Index for January (a leading indicator for commercial real estate).
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Minutes for Meeting of January 27-28, 2015