by Bill McBride on 2/01/2015 08:01:00 PM
Sunday, February 01, 2015
• At 8:30 AM ET, Personal Income and Outlays for December. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in personal income, and for a 0.2% decrease in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to be unchanged.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for January. The consensus is for a decrease to 54.5 from 55.5 in December. The ISM manufacturing index indicated expansion in December at 55.5%. The employment index was at 56.8%, and the new orders index was at 57.3%
• At 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for December. The consensus is for a 0.6% increase in construction spending.
• Schedule for Week of February 1, 2015
• Demographics and GDP: 2% is the new 4%
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: currently S&P futures are down 24 and DOW futures are down 225 (fair value).
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $48.24 per barrel and Brent at $52.99 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $99, and Brent was at $109 - so prices are down about 50% year-over-year.
Below is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are around $2.05 per gallon (down about $1.20 per gallon from a year ago). If you click on "show crude oil prices", the graph displays oil prices for WTI, not Brent; gasoline prices in most of the U.S. are impacted more by Brent prices.
|Orange County Historical Gas Price Charts Provided by GasBuddy.com|