by Bill McBride on 1/02/2013 08:49:00 PM
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
Thursday economic releases:
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the mortgage purchase and refinance applications index.
• At 8:15 AM, The ADP Employment Report for December will be released. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 150,000 payroll jobs added in December. This is the third report using the new methodology, and the report last month (118,000) was somewhat close to the BLS report for private employment (the BLS reported 147,000 private sector jobs added in November).
• At 8:30 AM, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for claims to increase to 363 thousand from 350 thousand last week.
• At 10:00 AM, the Trulia Price Rent Monitors for December. This is the index from Trulia that uses asking prices adjusted both for the mix of homes listed for sale and for seasonal factors.
• At 2:00 PM, the FOMC Minutes for Meeting of December 11-12, 2012. This will provide a little more details on the decision of the Fed to set thresholds for inflation and the unemployment rate.
• All day: Light vehicle sales for December. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to decrease to 15.1 million SAAR in December (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) from 15.5 million in November.