by Bill McBride on 11/14/2012 08:01:00 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
November 15th is Doris "Tanta" Dungey's birthday. Happy Birthday T!
For new readers, Tanta was my co-blogger back in 2007 and 2008. She was a brilliant, writer - very funny - and a mortgage expert. Sadly, she passed away in 2008, and I like to celebrate her life on her birthday.
I strongly recommend Tanta's "The Compleat UberNerd" posts for an understanding of the mortgage industry. And here are many of her other posts.
On her passing, from the NY Times: Doris Dungey, Prescient Finance Blogger, Dies at 47, from the WaPo: Doris J. Dungey; Blogger Chronicled Mortgage Crisis, from me: Sad News: Tanta Passes Away
• At 8:30 AM, the initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for claims to increase to 376 thousand from 355 thousand. Note: Claims are expected to increase following Hurricane Sandy.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Consumer Price Index for October will be released. The consensus is for CPI to increase 0.1% in October and for core CPI to increase 0.2%.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the NY Fed Empire Manufacturing Survey for November. The consensus is for a reading of minus 5, up from minus 6.2 in October (below zero is contraction). I'm expecting a decline due to Hurricane Sandy.
• At 10:00 AM, MBA's 3rd Quarter 2012 National Delinquency Survey. As usual, I will be on the conference call and take notes.
• Also at 10:00 AM, the Philly Fed Survey for November. The consensus is for a reading of minus 4.5, down from 5.7 last month (above zero indicates expansion).
• At 1:20 PM, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke will speak, Housing and Mortgage Markets, At the HOPE Global Financial Dignity Summit, Atlanta, Georgia.