by Bill McBride on 5/05/2012 10:55:00 PM
Saturday, May 05, 2012
The Greek polls will be open until noon ET Sunday, and the French polls will be open until 2 PM ET.
The Greek polls will be open from 7 AM to 7 PM local time according to the Athens News.
Voting in the 2012 general election will get underway at 7am on Sunday ... Polling stations will remain open until 7pm.No party will win a majority in Greece; the leading party (New Democracy) will try to form a collation government with one or more of the smaller parties - so the drama will probably drag on for some time.
Unofficial exit polls will be announced, via the media, by the country’s polling agencies shortly after the closing of polling stations.
The authorities say that they expect results from a quarter of polling stations by 9.30[pm], while the first indicative results are anticipated no sooner than 11[pm] on Sunday night.
The vote should be completed in the early hours of Monday morning
The French polls will be open from 8 AM to 8 PM local time (from 2 AM ET to 2 PM ET).
Unless there is a major surprise, the media will declare François Hollande the winner pretty early in France.
• Summary for Week Ending May 4th
• Schedule for Week of May 6th
Employment posts yesterday:
• April Employment Report: 115,000 Jobs, 8.1% Unemployment Rate
• April Employment Summary and Discussion
• More Graphs: Construction Employment, Duration of Unemployment, Unemployment by Education and Diffusion Indexes
• All Current Employment Graphs
Posted by Bill McBride on 5/05/2012 10:55:00 PM