by Bill McBride on 10/14/2009 06:20:00 PM
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The real estate market has gone crazy. At the low end we've been seeing many offers per house for some time, and recently agents have been telling me there is almost no inventory. Jim the Realtor has been reporting on this in San Diego, see: Hot All Over and The “Euphoria Express”
And from Diana Olick at CNBC today: Lunacy in Las Vegas Housing (ht Larry)
Olick include an email from a real estate agent to a client "Katie":
- This market is crazy and many things are just not going to make any sense.And more ...
- Properties are selling in the blink of an eye.
- Properties are getting multiple offers within a few days of being on the market, the most offers I’ve heard a house had recently was 44 offers (I know, crazy).
- 40% of all transactions are cash purchases, which makes it harder for the buyers who are financing to get their offers accepted.
- We have 1/2 the inventory we had a year ago and 4 times as many buyers as we did a year ago.
It definitely seems crazy.