by Bill McBride on 4/12/2016 06:01:00 PM
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
• 7:00 AM ET, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for March will be released. The consensus is for retail sales to increase 0.1% in March. On a monthly basis, retail sales were down 0.1% from January to February (seasonally adjusted), and sales were up 3.1% from February 2015.
• Also at 8:30 AM, the Producer Price Index for March from the BLS. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in prices, and a 0.2% increase in core PPI.
• At 10:00 AM, Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales (business inventories) report for February. The consensus is for a 0.1% decrease in inventories.
• At 2:00 PM, the Federal Reserve Beige Book, an informal review by the Federal Reserve Banks of current economic conditions in their Districts.