by Bill McBride on 1/03/2016 09:53:00 PM
Sunday, January 03, 2016
• Schedule for Week of January 3, 2016
• Question #6 for 2016: Will real wages increase in 2016?
• December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
• At 10:00 AM ET, ISM Manufacturing Index for December. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 49.2, up from 48.6 in November. The ISM manufacturing index indicated contraction at 48.6% in November. The employment index was at 51.3%, and the new orders index was at 48.9%.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for November. The consensus is for a 0.7% increase in construction spending.
From CNBC: Pre-Market Data and Bloomberg futures: currently S&P futures are down 7 and DOW futures are down 55 (fair value).
Oil prices were mixed over the last week with WTI futures at $37.50 per barrel and Brent at $37.87 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $53, and Brent was at $55 - so prices are down over 30% year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at close to $1.99 per gallon (down about $0.20 per gallon from a year ago).