by Bill McBride on 8/04/2015 06:59:00 PM
Tuesday, August 04, 2015
From Jon Hilsenrath at the WSJ: Atlanta Fed’s Lockhart: Fed Is ‘Close’ to Being Ready to Raise Short-Term Rates
“I think there is a high bar right now to not acting, speaking for myself,” Mr. Lockhart said ...Wednesday:
• At 7:00 AM, the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:15 AM, the ADP Employment Report for July. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 210,000 payroll jobs added in July, down from 238,000 in June.
• At 8:30 AM, Trade Balance report for June from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for the U.S. trade deficit to be at $43.0 billion in June from $41.9 billion in May.
• At 10:00 AM, the ISM non-Manufacturing Index for July. The consensus is for index to increase to 56.2 from 56.0 in June.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Speech by Fed Governor Jerome Powell, The Structure and Liquidity of Treasury Bond Markets, At the Brookings Institute Conference: Are There Structural Issues in the U.S. Bond Markets?, Washington, D.C.
Posted by Bill McBride on 8/04/2015 06:59:00 PM