by Bill McBride on 8/16/2012 09:15:00 PM
Thursday, August 16, 2012
First from Bloomberg: U.S. to sell off some mortgages
A $1.7 billion portfolio of nonperforming, federally insured home loans will be offered for sale at auction next month [on Sept 12th].• At 9:55 AM ET, the Reuter's/University of Michigan's Consumer sentiment index (preliminary for August) will be released. The consensus is for sentiment to decrease slightly to 72.0 from 72.3 in July.
The loans will be auctioned in pools consisting of homes in Chicago; Phoenix; Newark, N.J.; and Tampa, Fla. ... the portfolio ... consists of 9,442 loans with an average balance of $182,000, for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
• At 10:00 AM, the Conference Board Leading Indicators for August will be released. The consensus is for a 0.2% increase in this index..
• Also at 10:00 AM, the Regional and State Employment and Unemployment (Monthly) for July 2012 is scheduled to be released.
Earlier on housing starts:
• Housing Starts declined to 746 thousand in July
• Quarterly Housing Starts by Intent compared to New Home Sales
• Comment on Housing, and Starts and Completions
• On Yahoo Daily Ticker: Housing Starts Jump 20% in One Year: Recovery Ahead, Says Bill McBride
Posted by Bill McBride on 8/16/2012 09:15:00 PM